Welcome to the Parent’s section.
Our Parents’ Association is made up of all parents in the school, and works to improve every child’s learning experience in our school. The association is a great way for parents to get involved in school life. Tombrack is proud to have an active Parents’ Association Committee which meets regularly.
Our mission is to work with all parents towards the best possible education for our children. With the help of volunteers, the association
– supports the school through fundraising
– promotes active parental involvement in the childrens’ education.
“Educational research on the involvement of parents in schools shows that children achieve better outcomes when parents and teachers work together.” (National Parents Council)
Our activities include:
- organising fundraising efforts such as table quizzes
- organising the annual Craft Fair
- helping to run events such as the Halloween Spooky walk
- subsidising children's activities such as swimming lessons
- organising expert speakers to give talk to parents on various subjects such as internet safety
Would you like to help out as a volunteer? Do you have a great idea? Are you a subject matter expert who could give a talk to parents? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to the office.
The National Parents Council (NPC) is an excellent resource to you as a parent. The NPC website contains a wealth of information and free online training courses. The helpline: 01 887 4477. For more information about the role of the Parents’ Association, go to www.npc.ie and check out the information leaflet “What is a Parent Association?”
We look forward to your contribution and to welcoming you to any of our activities.
Join us to make Tombrack N.S. the best it can be for our children!
Parents' Association Officers 2020
Chairperson: Corinne Cowman
Secretary: Michelle Davitt
Treasurer: Ann-Marie Plummer
Minutes from 20/1/2020